Having served over 50 men in rehabilitation/recovery become and remain productive, contributing members of our community as of today!

What is The Gray House?

The Gray House is a Sober Living/Life Recovery House. Since our inception 56 men have transitioned from the house and 72% are successful after one year. Of the 56 residents that transitioned 84% are employed and the other 16% are retired or on disability. While it is our primary goal to prevent relapse, we are not a substance abuse program. Our primary focus is to introduce individuals to the lifesaving gospel of Jesus Christ and help them become engaged and active in a local Church ministry. Men have entered The Gray House from all walks of life including homelessness, incarceration, and transitioning from an inpatient recovery program. We strive to be the catalyst for those who are transitioning out into society by providing the residents with the tools they need to be successful.

Main components of residence:

Employment- We do not have jobs for residents upon arrival to the Gray House. All residents are required to seek and secure employment upon arrival. We are centrally located in an area where access to employment is easily accessible.  Additionally we are located on the bus route for those seeking employment that is not within walking distance. Most residents are able to secure employment within the first 2-3 weeks of arrival at the home.

Program- We model the Therapeutic /Cognitive concepts and offer group sessions, case management and individual coaching sessions. Our goal is to meet the individual where they are at and utilize motivational Interviewing and cognitive behavioral interventions to assist residents in their life recovery efforts. Referrals to other local agencies are made if a resident has needs that extend beyond the scope of our abilities. Extra attention in referrals is given to those who possess social and mental health issues.

Resident Life- There is an average of 4 residents in the house at any given time. Each resident has chores to do each day. Because each come from differing walks of life and possess different expectations on how to live in community we work with each resident in order to maintain peace and harmony with in the house. When the need arises we offer conflict resolution and mentoring to develop positive coping skills. All movement outside of the residence is tracked by through the travel log. Residents are required to participate in weekly meetings. Meeting participation is logged in book and each resident is subject to random drug screenings.


Program Eligibility:

 Each individual is evaluated on a case by case basis when determining eligibility. Criminal history, Pre/Post sentence investigations, medical health status, mental health status, and substance abuse history must be submitted with prescreening form. The general eligibility is as follows:

  • Known sex offenders, gang members, member who pose a security threat and those with a consistent verifiable history of violent offenses (multiple murders, malicious wounding, kidnapping charges, arson etc. especially if offenses are current) are not eligible for residence.
  • Weapon charges are not a disqualifier but are evaluated on individual basis.
  • We accept mental health cases including substance use disorders provided they do not present a safety issue.